Hello,

on 04/03/2006 06:25 PM Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru) said the following:
> Many thanks for everyone who have replied. Its seems Manuel's suggestion
> regarding iFrame sounds really good. BTW, I am using Savant as template
> engine, and integrate it with Manuel Forms Generation and Validation
would be
> a good idea (there is a Smarty plugin for this class, but I am using
Savant).

I think it would not be hard to implement a plug-in for Savant, if there
is enough interest for do it. I developed the Smarty plug-in but I do
not use it myself because I do not use Smarty. It is very popular though.

> Basically, I have a problem porting my own FileMaker database with many
> multi-page forms (plus large tables and big drop-down lists, displaying
> thousands of items). Things made quickly with native GUI tools often very
> difficult to port to Web-based GUI.

If you have select inputs with long lists of options picked from a
database, you can always split the list according to database query
condition criteria and use multiple linked selects with another plug-in
of the same forms class that can switch the options of a select input
when the value of another linked input changes. It can pick the new
options list from a database (anyone you use) without reloading the page.

Here is an example:

http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/view/html/file/9879/name/test_linked_select_page.html

http://www.phpclasses.org/formsgeneration

--