Tom Chubb wrote:
I'm working on an insert record page with a multiple file upload script of
which I understand the fundamentals.
However, on submission I am getting the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting
T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in
C:\apache2triad\htdocs\damotors\admin\insertnew.php on line 34

Where line 34 is...

$insertSQL = "INSERT INTO cars (model, `year`, details, price, image1,
image2, image3, forsale) VALUES ($_POST['model'], $_POST['year'],
$_POST['details'], $_POST['price'], $_FILE['image']['name'][0],
$_FILE['image']['name'][1], $_FILE['image']['name'][2], $_POST['forsale'])";
<snip>
I've been slaving away for an hour and it's probably something really
obvious but I'd really appreciate it if someone could point it out to me
please?
Previously I was getting an "image1 cannot be null" error which I couldn't
work out either. That's gone, but I still can't work out what's going on.

Without seeing more code (the error is probably above line 34), I can only guess that the problem is with your posted data. Escape your data before you insert it into a db.

--
John C. Nichel IV
Programmer/System Admin (ÜberGeek)