At 8:44 PM +0200 4/28/06, Jochem Maas wrote:
RANTING SEASON HAS OPENED - lets shoot some wabbits.

has anyone else noticed?? all our jobs go to India and now they are starting
to hire us back. (because they don't have the skills? and probably at rates
that equate to being able to buy 1 cheese sandwich a month with change leftover
to play a song on the jukebox - not that they'd let you into the bar seeing as
you can't afford to buy a drink) go figure.

<rant>

Funny you should say that -- it has happened to me. I have been approached by several Indian companies over the years (for more than just programming -- oil exploration, gems, etc.) .

However, considering the experiences I've had with Indians, I don't mean to sound racist, but "I have found" there is a significant difference between our cultures with respect to the meaning of "your word" -- and as such, I will not do business with any Indian company NOR with any company (domestic or overseas) that hires an Indian to negotiate a contract!

"I have found" it is simply a waste of my time to try to find profitable common ground. They are concerned with one thing, and one thing only, and that is how cheap can they get it -- and they seldom have a clue as to what "it" is -- but, contrary to their lip-service, it certainly isn't quality.

I have seen them waste several million dollars to save less than ten thousand (no lie). It was with an oil deal, not programming, and these people were just plain stupid.

</rant>

tedd