Sounds to me like your boot scripts are using a different httpd.conf
than the one you are using when you re-start it by hand.

Once you accept that proposition, you're looking at some OTHER issue
in the by-hand httpd.conf that is screwing up the URLs, probably
mod_rewrite or messed up VirtualHosts or...  Well, it could be
anything, really, but it's got nothing to do with PHP at that point.
http://apache.org

I personally stopped using apachectl script.  I always use the boot
script in /etc/ (or /usr/local/etc/ for BSD folks) because then at
least I know I've got the same settings as I'm going to have on
re-boot.

On Tue, May 16, 2006 3:58 am, Mark Sargent wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I get this,
>

>   Not Found
>
> The requested URL /movie1.php was not found on this server.

> Apache/2.2.0 (Fedora) Server at localhost Port 80
>
> when setting session.save_path to /tmp in /usr/local/lib/php.ini.
> Even if I change it back, I still get that error. Restarting httpd
> doesn't fix it. Only a reboot, ouch! Why is this happening? Cheers.
>
> httpd = 2.2.2
> php = 5.1.4
> OS = Fedora 5
>
> Mark Sargent.