Hello *,

I am on over 100 Mailinglists and want to make my archive (monthly
tarbals) public availlable.  my problem is, that they are around
20 GByte compressed archives and I want to prevent peoples to suck
the whole archive at once...

I was trying several things but failed.

Does anyone have a code sniplet which limit clients to, e.g. four
downloads, per day?

I think, I must use a database or something like this, because I
must track th IP, date, time, and the used download client...

I think, downloads limiting by creating accounts with passwords
will not help since spamer can create Yahoo or Hotmail accounts
faster than you can stop it...

Or should I pass the downloads via this nifty PIC/IMAGE verification,
where $USER must type in the numbers/letters created by a php script?

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)