On Monday, April 30, 2001, at 12:02 PM, Steven Haryanto wrote:

> Security? I do not want other people to have access to the PHP runtime
> (where they can do nasty things like stealing my database password,
> etc). PHP currently does not support any restricted execution of user
> code whatsoever.

in httpd.conf

<VirtualHost 192.168.3.8>
     DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/thisUser
     ServerName thisUser.myServer.com
     php_value include_path /usr/local/www/thisUser/inc
     php_value open_basedir /usr/local/www/thisUser
</VirtualHost>

You could do a lot to control your users abilities/privleges in this way.

Dave Goodrich
Director of Interface Development
Reality Based Learning Company
9521 NE Willows Road, Suite 100