|Found this on the PHP web site,
you can add the conversions as the first lines in the functions.

function callDuration($dateTimeBegin,$dateTimeEnd) {
$dif=$dateTimeEnd - $dateTimeBegin;

    $hours = floor($dif / 3600);
    $temp_remainder = $dif - ($hours * 3600);
$minutes = floor($temp_remainder / 60);
    $temp_remainder = $temp_remainder - ($minutes * 60);
$seconds = $temp_remainder; // leading zero's - not bothered about hours
    $min_lead=':';
    if($minutes <=9)
      $min_lead .= '0';
    $sec_lead=':';
    if($seconds <=9)
      $sec_lead .= '0';
// difference/duration returned as Hours:Mins:Secs e.g. 01:29:32

 return $hours.$min_lead.$minutes.$sec_lead.$seconds;
}

Chris Grigor wrote:
Morning all,

I am looking to get the differnce in hours / minutes between 2 values.

Currently I have 2 time entries being retruned from mysql, one which is a
start time and
the other which is a finish time.

So

$start = '13:12:17';
$finish = '23:12:17';

How would one get the differnce between these 2 times??

I have looked at using the following but am not to sure....

function timeDiff($firstTime,$lastTime)
{

// convert to unix timestamps
$firstTime=strtotime($firstTime);
$lastTime=strtotime($lastTime);

// perform subtraction to get the difference (in seconds) between times
$timeDiff=$lastTime-$firstTime;

// return the difference
return $timeDiff;
}