On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 11:21 -0500, Jay Blanchard wrote:
> [snip]
> I am trying to format a double to use thousands seperators and such.
> number_format does not appear to be working properly for this.
> My guess is cause I am trying to format a double rather than a string.
> Is there anything out there that will allow me to format a double to
> include
> a comma as a thousands seperator.
> Thanks.
> [/snip]
>
> http://www.php.net/printf

Printf() doesn't do thousands separation as the OP is requiring (unless
they've added that feature since I last read the manual -- and yes I'm
too lazy to go look right now ;)

>From the number_format doc though...

    string number_format ( float number [, int decimals [, string
dec_point, string thousands_sep]] )

And if I'm not mistaken, PHP doesn't distinguish between floats and
doubles and treats them all as doubles. Number_format() should work fine
as follows:

<?php

    $foo = 1000001.2342

    echo number_format( $foo );