Jon Anderson wrote:
Stut wrote:
How bored am I?

This bored: http://dev.stut.net/phpspeed/

Server is running PHP 5.1.2 (really should upgrade that) with no caches of any sort.
Just looking through the source, could you try changing the first example to put the output all on one line? It's the only one that does the row output on multiple indented lines - I'm kind of curious what effect (if any) that has on the results.

Done. Doesn't seem to make a difference - I didn't expect it to.

I also tried this on my own server. With the opcode cache, the results seem to be the inverse of yours without.

I would have been surprised if an opcode cache had made a huge difference. I don't think the Zend Engine is intelligent enough to compile the various different tests to the same set of opcodes - but I could be wrong. I'm still quite new to the PHP internals.

Also, with either server, the first three results seem to vary wildly, but the last two always seem to come out the same. I'm not sure why that is...

As I said in another post, the performance varies wildly with the load on the server.

-Stut