dear richard,

yours was an amazing reply... simple and true ....and well written...

where did u learn all the stuff?... ;-)

anyway. is there a step by step process for checking if your site is secure?... i know you would say to get a hacker or something... but as a programmer, i would like to know (some) more info...

i use GET instead of POST for most of the forms... even in a shopping cart or admin panel... do u think that is risky?

one the biggest threat is sql injections and now xml injections... but can u give some more info... like what commands do i need to use and what part of the website do i need to check?...

what is penetration and black box testing for a php website....?

is there any software for this kind of testing... some part of the process can be automated... like grabbing all the links or urls and purposely bombarding them with sql statements.

if i do the same from a professional, what should be a average cost for testing a website for security?...

also
> Security is not something one can just slap on to the site after one
> finishes it -- It has to be a living breathing process that is in
> symbiosis with the life-cycle of the project.

that is a beautiful statement...

thanks a lot...

sumeet