Janet Smith wrote:
> I wasn't really sure where to start looking, but I think I have enough
> information that I can go and look at how we have things set up. I will
> try to provide more information as I find it.

chances are that the following function is being used.

http://php.net/mail

you should really make sure sending email from the cmdline works before
digging deeper into php - it maybe your sendmail (or alternative tool) itself
is borked (in which case php won't be able to use it to send any email!).

smtp and smtp_port are ini settings that are only valid for windows,
I have no idea if setting them in a *nix php installation will cause problems
or not.