On Fri, December 15, 2006 10:28 pm, Casey Chu wrote:
> Actually... Search engines don't have a JavaScript interpreter.

Actually...

You don't know for sure that Google isn't using Perl's javascript
interpreter.

Unless you work for Google, have just told us something they would
consider double-secret proprietary, and are about to get fired.
:-) :-) :-)

It would not be Rocket Science for a search engine to execute the
javascript on a page in a sandbox, to analyze it for abuses, viruses,
and other things they wanted to take away "points" for.

I know I could almost manage that with a ton of work.

And I figure the Google engineers are probably a heck of a lot smarter
than I am, and for sure they are way more experienced.

So I'm going to assume that any "dodge" in JS I could come up with to
game their system, will be detected and defeated as soon as they want
to bother doing that.

But, hey, feel free to get Google to issue a statement that they do
not now nor ever will check the JS on sites as they index them, and
point to it as a reference.
:-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.