On Fri, December 15, 2006 10:48 pm, Emiliano wrote:
> oh ok, I understand that. However, my problem is different: I need
> those values that instead are not found. The question is: why the POST
> in the chunck of code inside the html doesn't work? Why is the php
> script not finding the values posted in the html?

It's hard to say without surfing to your site and trying it, and
looking at the PHP source and HTML source.

The most common answers, in order of usage, are:

You spelled the name="val1" and the $_POST['val1'] differently.
Spelling counts. :-)

You don't understand the HTTP interaction, and are expecting it to do
things in a way it just plain does not work. This is the hardest one
to diganose and treat, as it's difficult to figure out what beginners
THINK the web is doing, much less convince them that they're wrong.
:-)

The best solution here is to get Firefox, install the LiveHTTPHeaders
extension to Firefox turn it on, visit a few simple/example sites that
do what your site does to see how they work, and then visit your site
to see what it does.

A distant third, but possible, cause, is various PHP settings such as
GPC order and register_globals and that one about populating the long
names can be different than one expects.
Review your php.ini settings and search for "GPC" "register_globals"
and, errr, "long_name" or "long_var_name" or something like that.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?