I agree, tedd. And your points about what makes sense are taken.

That being said, the end point of all this is for a search to simply act like a real person turning the pages of a phone book. All I need to do is take the user to a desired point within the records in the database. This is by request of the client I'm working for, not what makes sense. (As you may well know, these two don't always meet. lol)

At this point, it seems to me that in order to achieve my desired result, I need to incorporate an auto-incremented ID column in the table so that this value may be used to calculate the number of records before the found record.(ie, if the found record's ID is 201, then there were 200 records before it. Divide 200 by 100 records per page and the desired result is on page 3.)

Assuming no one else sees a method to achieve the desired result without such a change.
Thank you, tedd, for your input. It does help to have someone

--
T.J. Mahaffey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]