I'm familiar with the .htaccess file and I am told by the hosting company
that apache is set up to use it, I've just never used it much - especially
for PHP. If this works I'd even like to set an includes file for PHP. Here
is the file.

# -FrontPage-

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Limit>
AuthName www.site.com
AuthUserFile /home/user/public_html/dir/file.pwd
AuthGroupFile /home/user/public_html/dir/file.grp

php_value magic_quotes_gpc 0

-----

Thanks