On 1/14/07, Beauford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I guess I'm just doing something wrong, 'cause that doesn't work either -
nor do the hundreds of other snippets I've used.

Here's the scenario. I have a form - after they submit the form it shows
what they have entered, this is where I get the \. It also does it if the
form redisplays after the user has input invalid data.

Just a refresher/reminder, and try to make things simple... escape
input/output according to the context:

 if reading a form variable from POST/GET/COOKIES and magic_gpc is on:
   unescape the vars via stripslashes other wise do nothing

 if putting a variable, to a db use the databases escape function
before passing it to the db

 if putting it to html, htmlspecialchar() or htmlenties() the
variable before displaying it

 if putting it in a url, urlencode it.

 if putting it to X, Xencode it. (where X some other output)

When following these guidelines you will be able to find the exact
area where the problem is.

Curt