At 3:33 PM -0800 1/18/07, Ryan A wrote:
tedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

At 7:15 AM -0800 1/17/07, Ryan A wrote:
True, but thats not the most important part... I guess I wrote it
wrong, I meant that it should not write to disk before 1 minute...
anyway... about the "array saving" any ideas?

Thanks!

Why?

Hey Tedd,

Aww, nothing serious... just had a few ideas running in my head that needs something like this... and was wondering if it would save on server processing time and resources if done like this rather than writing to disk on every login...

Cheers!

Ahhh, I see. But isn't everything written somewhere?

If you did it client-side and used a javascript timer in the browser to delay the user's input from being submitted, that might work. But, I think it might also piss users off when they couldn't do anything in the interim.

If you did it server-side, then you would defeat what you wanted to accomplish with the server by it attending to a delay waiting to do something.

In the end, something has to attend to the delay and that probably would take more time than just writing the values to the disk. But, I may be wrong.

tedd
--
-------