God I love this list.. great answers everyone! (serious and non-serious :)

In addition to the editors listed, here's a few more to consider:

Crimson Editor - my personal favorite when I don't need code completion. Code
highlights for many different types of code (including my beloved LUA files used
in World of Warcraft scripting hah).  I use the macro record/playback a lot.
http://www.crimsoneditor.com/

Emerald Editor - crimson editor has been abandoned for years (and still kicks
ass), these guys hope to revive it as a new project called Emerald.  It's not
done yet.
http://www.emeraldeditor.com/

Notepad++ - looks spiffy, but wasn't enough of of a change to get me to switch
from Crimson editor (although it came damn close)
http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

Zend Studio - Still my 'professional' choice, but since it's a java app, it's
kind of heavy on the system.  And it's made by the people who created the core
PHP engine, so they know a few things.
http://www.zend.com/products/zend_studio

Komodo - Similar to Zend Studio.. but much like Notepad++ and Crimson Editor..
not enough of an 'upgrade' to get me to switch, but a former coworker swore by
it.
http://www.activestate.com/Products/Komodo/

Should be enough to get you started investigating.

-TG