I was originally using PHPEclipse.  When I rebuild my computer a few weeks
ago, I decided to give the PHP-IDE package a try (given that Zend is planning
to replace their own first-class IDE with the results of the PHP-IDE work).
In both of them, I found the same major problems:

- Code assistance gets in my way more often than not, and has not once given
me useful help.  (Zend Studio is a godsend here.)

- Setting up new projects out of CVS or SVN and managing them is far harder
than it has any right to be.  (Zend Studio projects are simply based on a
directory tree, not extra indexing, and works just fine for me.)

- The whole system is an insane memory hog.

- I've not yet figured out how to get it set up with xdebug for easy real-time
debugging.  (That feature alone is worth using Zend Studio.)  To be fair,
that could just be me not knowing how to do it.

I use Zend Studio at work and love it.  I keep trying to find a good open
source development setup for home that will let me not have to spend triple
digits on Zend Studio for home, but so far I've just not found that with
Eclipse.