Hi,

I'm searching for a high quality image resizing facility to be used
within PHP in an Unix/Linux environment.

Probably everyone will now answer: imagecopyresampled()

However, the quality of that functionality doesn't match the
expectations of our designers. I've done my tests with PHP4 and GD lib
2.0.33 and everything produces with them got rejected so far. I was also
going through the comments on php.net regarding self-written Bicubical
algorithm functions, yet their outcome didn't match.

My next step was to try ImageMagick. The quality is much better when
using the 'mogrify' tool from this package, yet not good enough for my
designers.

Of course, their expectations are very high because of their daily usage
of Photoshop. During my research I was running over
http://resizr.lord-lance.com/ which uses an commercial Windows library.
Using a commercial package would be completely fine for me, however I
just haven't found anything, thus this message.

Whether the tool is a PHP library or just an ordinary Unix command
doesn't matter, as long as it is usable from within PHP.

thanks for any hints,
- Markus