On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 13:19 -0400, tedd wrote:
> At 3:33 PM +0200 4/26/07, Tijnema ! wrote:

> >>  > <style type="text/css">
> >>  > <font class="grey"> My Grey Text :) </font>
> >>
> >>If you don't mind me saying so, that's daft. You should be using <span>
> >>tags here, not the deprecated <font> tags.
> >>
> >>-Stut
> >
> >Both work fine, should i really care?
> >
> >Tijnema
>
> And you're the one who told me to switch my DOCTYPE to XHTML???
>
> You go through all the trouble of using css and then you don't really
> use it. Try this:
>
> .grey { color: grey; }  <-- external, not embedded.

Oh dear, that's terrible, everyone knows you should use dropped
vertically aligned braces in CSS:

.grey
{
    color: grey;
}

That's disgusting... now what happens if you want to change the text to
blue? You either have a class called grey that makes the text blue, or
you have to change all the HTML where you used class="grey" which puts
you squarely back into the realm of why the font tag was deprecated.

> That's much simperer and it validates.

Yeah... SIMPERER!!!!  *giggle*

Cheers,
Rob.