On 4/26/07, Daniel Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
   As a result of an ongoing thread, I am launching a project that should
allow users on shared hosting accounts and other restricted Unix-like
hosting systems to utilize text-to-speech synthesis, primarily the Festival
TTS engine.  The goal of the project will be to create a miniature, portable
TTS system that a user can upload to their hosting account and use right
away, without the need to compile the system or have access to
privileged-only libraries.

   The ultimate aim here is for a user to be able to do the following, from
start to finish:

   1.) Determine a need for text-to-speech synthesis on the web.
   2.) Locate this project.
   3.) Download the compiled binaries and PHP source code.
   4.) Upload the binaries and code to their existing hosting account.
   5.) Set permissions on directories and configure the system as
necessary.
   6.) Integrate the system into their existing architecture and design.
   7.) Use the system.

   I may set up a small mailing list for the project, as well as a forum to
use with development, bugtracking, et cetera.  I'm not entirely sure whether
I will be hosting the entire project on one of my servers, or if I will use
SourceForge for some or all of the hosting.

   Anyone who's interested in jumping on, let me know.  We may not create a
PHP-based TTS system, but we can do the next best thing.  Besides,
everything has to start somewhere!

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272

I'm not sure what it is exactly, i know which thread you are referring
to so i guess i will need to read that one, but i don't have time for
that, but it looks very interesting this. Just count me as in :)

I have server running here at my lan, and i use that for development,
so i have root access to it :)
It's running apache + PHP + MySQL, all compiled from source, i know
how to compile apps etc in linux.

I have experience in programming in various languages, which include
the required PHP & C++.

You may think that i'm too young (15) for this project, but please,
don't under estimate me. Also, because i'm so young, i can learn
things very quick. I understand new things very quickly. I'd like to
write the hardest part of the code because i learn most from that :)

Tijnema