Don Don wrote:
> Hi all, i've changed my server's apache config to recognize my custom
> extension for php files. And all my development filenames now come
> with this new extension.
>
> However my IDE (Php Eclipse) will not recognise this new extension as
> a php file, even though it opens it up but it looses all the php
> features (e.g. syntax highlighting, flags, errors, warnning,
> intellisence etc)
>
> How can i make php-eclipse recognise my new custom extension as a php
> file ?

I believe what you want to do is setup a file association in your
preferences. Give this a try:

Open Window->Preferences.

Under General->Editors->File Associations, add your new file extension.
Highlight the new extension and use the Associated Editors box below to
tie the extension to the PHP editor.

Good luck,
Roberto