Edward Kay wrote:
Al wrote:
I'm looking for a shared host with an up-to-date php5, and one who at least tries to keep it relatively current.

Needs are modest.  Just need good ftp access, cgi-bin, shell, etc.

Any suggestions. I'm looking at Host Monster, anyone have experience with them?

Thanks...

I use host monster for last year and never had a problem with them. Have one account with 8 domains/web sites. None has big traffic. Though, one of web sites is my personal site with Gallery2 installed. When uploading chunk of 10 or 20 images (king size) after is DONE I would get a message that I'm using processor more then I could and it will keep me out for couple minutes before I can continue. Though, my web site is still up, just I can't do anything. And, every time whole process was finished without interruption or with error. Strange thing (never had similar before) but it doesn't bother me a lot.

Agree with Edward, VPS is better solution - if possible.

I used pair.com for a while. Pricey but VERY GOOD.

-afan