On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 10:57 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello,
> If I have an HTML form with input, example:
>
> username
> lastname
> mobile
> .. and so on ...
>
> Example simple initialization:
> // POST
> $username = $_POST['username'];
> $lastname = $_POST['lastname'];
> $mobile = $_POST['mobile'];
>
> What is the most popular method for making PHP initialize the many variables
> on that form? I'm looking to get an understanding of 95% of the possible ways
> developers are initializing their php variables from a form post. How do YOU
> initialize the form variables?

I use a form engine. It accepts a default values configuration and does
all the grunt work for me... first time population of form values,
rendering of form elements, application of any registered
pre-process/validation/post-process/finalization handlers which can
apply to individual fields or the entire form itself, repopulation of
form data in the case of an error, etc etc.

The only low level form, work I do is when I add new widgets or extend
an existing widget for a specific project need.

Cheers,
Rob.