Auto-Deppe, C. Haensel wrote:
Morning guys,

I have been trying to find an easy to use way to zip an archive on a linux
box running PHP5. Now I've tried the zip-lib.php and others, but they always
throw an error msg.... But that is not the question.

I am looking to use exec("zip archive.zip $directory"); $directory has been
tried with both full path and relative path ... but that doesn't work. I
don't get an error, it just doesn't create the zip-file...

So, after a day of Google-ing and trying, I thought I might ask you for
help.

Cheers for any answers and hints.

Regards,

Chris

Read up on this page

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.exec.php

Then try this instead

<?php

exec("zip archive.zip {$directory} 2>&1", $output);

echo $output;

?>