Brad Fuller wrote:
Have a look at "Filechucker" http://encodable.com/filechucker/

My company purchased this program for a small project; It's quite
inexpensive ($39 USD) and works well.  It's written in perl and does not
post to PHP, and we've used it to upload large files and it seems to handle
them just fine.

The OP might want to take note of this comment on that page...

If you want to upload files larger than 2 gigabytes, then you can't use Apache 1.3.x or 2.0.x. You need to use Apache 2.2.x, as explained on the "New Features in Apache 2.2" page:

    Large File Support
httpd is now built with support for files larger than 2GB on modern 32-bit Unix systems. Support for handling >2GB request bodies has also been added.

-Stut