On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 13:59 -0400, Daniel Brown wrote:

> > >     To be a bit easier, I whipped up a quick example on the web.  It's
> > > just static images, not a working system, but you'll see what we're
> > > getting at here:
> > >         http://pilotpig.net/captcha-example.php
> >
> > Hmmmm, two snakes and a cigarette in the first example ;)
> >
> > And I'm guessing Dubya doesn't belong in the second example :D

>     The worst part is, it's not even just Americans who get it at
> first glance....

You know... that brings up another thought... semantically weeding out
people you don't want on your site. If you posted 3 snakes, a worm, and
Dubya and asked which one isn't like the other... certain people would
pick Dubya, while certain others would pick the worm. Heck, you could
make both answers correct for passing the captcha, then quietly store
profiling information about the user *heheh*.

Cheers,
Rob.