On 6/15/07, tedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 6:56 PM -0400 6/15/07, Daniel Brown wrote:

>    I don't think it's PAM-compliant to use a single-quote character
>in your passwords, Tedd.  ;-P
>
>--
>Daniel P. Brown

Daniel:

Bzzzet, thanks for trying.

Let me explain again, maybe I did explain myself well.

In the show-code folder (link below) is a php file entitled "a.php".
Inside that file are password and user ID variables. They don't mean
anything, nor do they do anything, but they are there.

Now, I did say that you have all the tools you need at the site to
discover what these values are. Can you do it?

Again, here's the link:

http://sperling.com/a/show-code/

Is this trivial or not?

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------

   Tedd,

   You may not have noticed the fact that the joke I made was
directly-related to the content within the file.  I just didn't want
to post it to the list in case anyone else was trying.  It only took
about 90 seconds to get the data.  The password has a single-quote in
it (hence the non-PAM-compliant crack).  Also, is it necessary to have
the space before the $id tag?  Aren't $id fields usually placed prior
to the $password field?  And finally, shouldn't the phrase end with a
question mark, considering it's an inquiry and not a statement?

   That should suffice.... right?  ;-P

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272