Hi Richard,

I *always* get this word wrong, but here goes....  You need to
"concantenate" (grimace), which means (simply) "add to" to the variable,
using .=

Modify your code slightly:

<?

$recipient = "";
$result = @mysql_query($sql);
$num_rows = mysql_num_rows($result);

while($myrow = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
    $email = $myrow['email'];

    $recipient .= $email . ",";

}

?>

Notice the .= before $recipient = $email.... ?

Also why, is the $num_rows in there?  It's not being used for anything.  If
you might have blank emails in there, you could make good use of the num
rows.....

<?

$recipient = "";
$result = @mysql_query($sql);
$num_rows = mysql_num_rows($result);

$x = 0;
while($myrow = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
    $email = $myrow['email'];

    if (isset($email)) {
        $recipient .= $email . ",";

        $x++;

echo "Email sent to " . $x . " number of people, out of  " . $num_rows . "
residing in the database.";

?>

Hope that helps,
James.