From: Tanner Postert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 13 July 2007 00:33
To: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: [PHP] mail function from and reply to address problem

I am currently running

PHP 5.1.4
Fedora Core 5

i'm trying to exectute the following test script.

<?php
$to      = '[EMAIL PROTECTED]';
$subject = 'the subject';
$message = 'body';
$headers = 'From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]' . "\r\n" .

mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers); ?>

i have about 10 or so different virtual hosts running on this machine, and
if i use any of them for the from & reply-to addresses, it works fine, or
even if i use domains I don't control like aol.com or example.com those work
too, but one particular new virtual host doesn't work, it re-writes the from
address to the default virtual host address. which is strange because that
isn't in the php.ini anywhere, but it could just be taking the hostname.

anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance.

Tanner