Hey Richard, thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. :)

Richard Lynch wrote:
http://php.net/

Yikes! I guess it was one of those RTFM question/answers! Lol. :D

#2 sounds awfully bogus to me...

Yeah... Hmm, now I am starting to wonder where I heard/read that. Maybe it was a co-worker. I am glad I asked here for clarification.

1 and 3 sure ought to cover it though.

Yep yep. Sounds good to me. Good enough reasons to think twice about using short tags.

Also, FYI for those interested, a list member mentioned (off-list) that shorthand tags "are considered by many to be deprecated" and have been on the "verge of removal from the PHP language a few times in the past."

Interesting stuff. :)

Thanks again Richard and all.

Cheers,
Micky