web browsers can only request data (GET / HTTP/1.1) data can not be pushed to them
(except Netscape, dont go there). you can send all the data you want to an IP but the
browser only opens connections, it doesnt accept connections, the data will be
rejected.

if you were to write an app in VB or Delphi you could write that code to allow
connections, then php could send it data. I dont know howto do that.

--

 Chris Lee
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Todd Cary" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
I am not sure about this topic, so my question may refect this lack of
knowledge.  I have an application where I send a credit card request to
a credit card processor.  They return the information in a POST stream
and I open a socket and read the information into a variable.  This
works very well.

Now I want to switch positions.  I would like to send a stream of text
data to a surfer (e.g. their IP) and I would like to have them get the
data when they are in a program like Delphi or Visual Basic so that they
can use it within their program.  How does on "get" the data when they
are in a browser like EI or Netscape?  Does it have to be written to a
file first?

Todd

--
Todd Cary