On 16/07/07, Mark Kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi.

On Monday 16 July 2007 12:42, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> So, suckers, I'm with you now, and I'll start pirating again.

This is a real shame (not to mention a foolish thing to post to a publicly
archived mailing list). As a user of open source technology you are
benefiting directly from the PHP developers choice of license, and relying
on people respecting it. It is hypocritical to expect everyone to respect
the PHP license and give you nice tech for free, then turn round and
ignore a different license just because the authors haven't chosen to give
away their work.

I was being sarcastic. I was rather surprised to see how supportive of
the pirates those who answered were. Of course I will not steal media.
I have no reason to: Most of the software I use (Fedora/Ubuntu,
Firefox, Open Office) are free, and I can afford those that are not
(mostly PocketPC apps such as Pocket Informant, ListPro, etc.). I even
have a valid license for the MS Windows XP that I run in a VMWare
Virtual Machine.

> Anyone know where I can pick up a copy of Ubuntu pirated?

You may have intended this as a joke, but recently there have been
(unconfirmed from what I can tell) reports of Ubuntu torrent downloads
with pre-installed trojans. Always get your stuff from the official sites.

Really? I haven;t heard of that. Thanks.

Please reconsider your decision to selectively ignore copyright licenses.

No, I refuse to reevaluate my decision! I will not start pirating,
even if I see that many people on this list support pirates. I will
continue to use the open source tools that I love, not because of the
price, rather, because of the quality.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/
http://what-is-what.com/