On Sat, July 28, 2007 7:28 pm, Daniel Brown wrote:
>     Can we update the filters on the list to have the reply-to address
> header marked to the php-general address?

This is a religious question of mailing list management, and there are
always going to be large sized contingents on each side of this fence.

Personally, I'm on the other side of the fence. :-)

> The reason I ask this is
> because, when people are on vacation (such as Juan is now), we receive

Juan's vacation response would be no "better" if the list was
reply-to-all.

In a worst-case scenario, the entire list would get his vacation
message for each post...

Of course, your own email filters should be stripping out the dang
things, possibly, as I don't think I've gotten any of these lately.

And you can always contact the list owner to request they unsubscribe
anybody who has their vacation demon replying.

PS
I never have figured out why one would want to notify a zillion
strangers that you're on vacation...

I mean, duh, talk about a security risk...

"Hey, stranger, I'm on vacation!!!  Nice big house of computer geek
full of stuff sitting unwatched!!!"

I'm really not sure who thought this was a Good Idea...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?