Hi there,

I have a windows application the performs  a certain task that I need it to
perform.  I am in the process of developing my site and am really interested
in the functionality of the site at the moment and haven't set about putting
the details in place, so I am using the php function

exec ("start ....... ");

To run the process.

It works.

That is it works with just me using the site.  I am wondering how this would
effect performance if say 500 people were executing this php function around
the same time and the processing overlapped.  Is there anyway to make an
executable run as a service, I am guessing at the terminology that I should
use here, but I feel there would be a much more efficient way of performing
this task.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Nathan