sorry I dont know how to run that telnet command, it doesnt work in my dos window. I downloaded absolute telnet but I dont know how to send a message withit.

as far as sendmail_from, I already have that set to an email, so that isnt theproblem.

Could it be that in out look express it says in my mail setup "My server requires authentification"?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Degen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PHP Genral" <php-general@lists.php.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 12:54 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP] cant mail

Connection/Firewall ?!
----------------------
Run telnet <SMTPSERVER> 25, type EHLO <ENTER> and see if he
talks to you

No anonymous relaying ?!
Set the From header, caus maybe your smtp doesn't relay for
everyone :-)

mail ($addressee, $sub, $body, 'From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]');

or write it into your php.ini at...

sendmail_from NULL PHP_INI_ALL

(found at http://de3.php.net/mail, Runtime Configuration)

So far!