On 9/6/07, Diana Castillo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I found telenet.exe that comes with windows, but when I type in
>  <SMTPSERVER> 25, type EHLO <ENTER>
> it says Command not valid

    First of all, I wasn't sure which post of yours to reply to, but
since Rob replied here, I'll jump in on this one.

    What he means is to do the following (since you're on Windows):

    1.) Click the Start menu.
    2.) Click `Run`
    3.) Type: telnet
    4.) When telnet starts, type: open <SMTPSERVER> 25
        (Note: Replace <SMTPSERVER> with the correct server address)
    5.) If it connects, type: EHLO
      5b.) If it doesn't connect, then investigate the possible reasons why.

    Hope that helps with the part your testing now, Diana.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.  Then you'll find out he was
allergic and is hospitalized.  See?  No good deed goes unpunished....