Please include the list when replying.

Eric Lommatsch wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Stut [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 3:09 PM
To: Eric Lommatsch
Cc: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP] Access name of variable in $_POST array

Eric Lommatsch wrote:
I am writing a PHP script that is going to accept variables that are passed from a PDF form and should write both the name of the variable and its value to a text file. I can get the value that I want to retrieve with out problem. However, even though I have searched through the PHP.net site and googled this as well I have not yet been able to find the syntax that I need to get the names of the variables in the $_Post array. Can someone point me to the place in the PHP manual where I can find the syntax to get the name of a variable in the $_POST array?

http://php.net/array_keys

As in...

$varnames = array_keys($_POST);

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/

Hello Stut,

That is not exactly what I am looking for. If I try using that in My PHP
script what I get as a result of that is repeatedly the Phrase "Post Array"
when I check the values there. The PDF form that is posting to the PHP script
is passing variable names like "Employer_name" or "Employee_Name". I am
hoping to get those variable names.

Put this line at the top of the script that the form posts to...

print '<pre>'.print_r($_POST, true).'</pre>'; exit;

That will display the contents of the $_POST array and you should be able to figure out where everything is.

By the sounds of it the posted values are actually in $_POST['Post Array'] but use the above line to be sure.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/