From: "Wolf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jon Westcot" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "PHP General" <php-general@lists.php.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 1:16 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP] Can a PHP script process a file on a remote computer?

> Go into your php.ini file and increase the script timeout length, which
should allow the upload to finish.

> ---- Jon Westcot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi all:
> >
> >     I'm working on a project that requires frequent updating of a large
amount of data to a MySQL database.  Currently, I'm trying to transfer a CSV
file to the server, have it process the file, and then delete it once the
processing is complete.  Rather than waste the up-front time of having to
upload the file (which is currently timing out without fully uploading the
file and I have no idea how to resolve this!), is it possible to have the
server open the specified file remotely and read it using the fgetcsv()
function?  If so, how?