On 10/24/07, Jon Westcot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     The test file that I'm using -- which probably is a small version of the
> normal file -- is around 60 MB in size (just under 30,000 records).

That sounds like a rather large file to process anyway. You might need
to use some scheduled task like Lance suggested to copy the file and
then open it locally. I'm not sure how GoDaddy hosting works.

>     I checked the phpinfo info and it appears that the allow_url_fopen
> setting is set to "On," which I take is a good thing.

It's pretty typical, but you never know without checking since it is an option.

>  How, then, do I
> specify the filename at the server so that it points back to the file that
> is on my computer (or whatever computer is trying to initiate the process)?

The file has to be accessible from the server through either a web
path or some sort of file share or local file path. So if the server
can see the file as http://remoteserver/remotefile.csv,
\\remoteserver\remotefile.csv, etc., you can use that path.

Andrew