On Nov 14, 2007 3:20 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Come to think of it - if there is a more basic 'newbie' forum list (for
> PHP
> beginners like myself) that anyone knows of (I found a few listed below) -
> please let me know and I'll use that instead for these 'basic'
> questions...
> Until I get up to speed...
>
> I found these 2 - any others (better)?
>
> http://p2p.wrox.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=89
>
> http://phpbuilder.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=3
>
> Others ... ?

I think this list is a great place to *learn.* Look at it this way.... if
you don't understand what someone is saying, do a little research on your
own to figure it out. God knows I've learned so much by reading a little
here.... and then reading a lot elsewhere (docs, other websites, etc) to
learn even more.

Don't be afraid to ask *newbie* questions. The way I view it (I'm not sure
if others agree)... as long as you are doing your part to learn what needs
to be done, then the community will also be willing to pitch in. So,
prefacing your emails with "I've dug around for a long time and here's what
I've found.... (list some stuff).... but I can't figure it out - any help?"
goes a long way because we see you really want to help yourself.

I'm not discouraging going elsewhere (in fact, I encourage using multiple
resources), but I am merely reaffirming this list. (Wow, now I sound like
Dan - no, I did not get paid either. Ha!)

HTH
~Philip