Zlib compression is what's used in Gzip. Just try it ;)

$uncompressed = gzuncompress(file_get_contents("binaryfile.ext"));

-Casey

On Dec 14, 2007, at 9:45 AM, Bob Sabiston wrote:

That isn't going to work. Gzip is used for entire files. Do you understand what I'm trying to do, or am I misunderstanding you?

Bob

Oops -- I'm so sorry! I was wrong thinking that it operated on files. I'd been reading so much about the file format and how gzip meant files and zlib meant the core data. I just assumed gzuncompress would be a file thing.

I should be able to get that to work, thank you.

Bob