In my form, I am parsing all the text inputs through mysql_real_escape_string() before inserting the data. however, when I look at the SQL query in PHP, when I type the word blah's to my text box variable, and then insert it into mysql after being ran through mysql_real_escape_string(), it does:

insert into contract (contract_id, responsibility) VALUES (15, 'blah\\\'s')

and when I query the in mysql/PHP it shows:

select responsibility from contract where contract_id = 15;
| responsibility |
| blah\'s        |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

and when I run that select statement in PHP it prints blah\'s on the screen. I want it to print back blah's without the \. So what are my options? run every variable through stripslashes(); before printing them to the screen?