On 04 January 2008 17:06, afan pasalic wrote:

> hi
> I have function
> function get_content($client_id, $form_id, $index1) {
>       $query = mysql_query("
>                       SELECT content
>                       FROM infos
>                       WHERE client_id=".$client_id." AND
> form_id=".$form_id." AND
> index1='".$index1."'");
>       if (mysql_num_rows($query) > 0)
>       {
>               $result = mysql_fetch_assoc($query);
>               return $result['content'];
>       }
>       else
>       {
>               get_content(0, 0, $index1); // get default value

                return get_content(0, 0, $index1);

>       }
> }

That's the only obvious error I can see -- I guess the query's returning zero
rows for (12, 104, 'merchant').

There's a possible infinite recursion in there, though -- if there are *no*
rows in the table with index1=merchant, this thing will just recurse crazily
until it bombs. One way to prevent this would be:

        elseif ($client_id!=0 || $form_id!=0)
        {
                return get_content(0, 0, $index1);
        }
        else
        {
                return NULL;  // or FALSE, or some other error indicator
        }

Cheers!

Mike

JG125, The Headingley Library,
James Graham Building, Leeds Metropolitan University,
Headingley Campus, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel: +44 113 812 4730          Fax:  +44 113 812 3211

To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to
http://disclaimer.leedsmet.ac.uk/email.htm