Daniel Brown wrote:
> On Jan 4, 2008 12:52 PM, afan pasalic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I think you didn't understand my question: I know why the function work
>> in 2nd example. My question was why I'm not getting the result in 1st
>> example? What am I doing wrong. And, as far as I know, I think it
>> doesn't have anything with GLOBALS (register_globals are anyway turned off).
>
>     Also, keep in mind that, in the else{} clause of the first
> function, you're not using return; to send back the information.  In
> my opinion, you shouldn't call a function from within its own
> definition because it can cause a loop if the conditions are met and
> the else{} clause is reached over and over again.  If there is a
> situation where get_content(0, 0, $index1); doesn't return any rows,
> the function will loop eternally (that is, until PHP gets dizzy and
> gives up).

Actually, there were 2 misstakes:
<?php
function get_InfoContent($instance_id, $form_id, $InfoKey)
{
        $query = mysql_query("
                        SELECT instance_id, form_id, InfoContent
                        FROM forms_single_info
                        WHERE instance_id=".$instance_id." AND
form_id=".$form_id." AND
InfoKey='".$InfoKey."'
                ");
        if (mysql_num_rows($query) > 0)
        {
                $result = mysql_fetch_assoc($query);
                $InfoContent = $result['InfoContent'];
                return $InfoContent;
        }
        else
        {
                $InfoContent = get_InfoContent(0, 0, $InfoKey);
                return $InfoContent;

?>
Yes, I ALSO need "return" in "else" statement because when I call the
function 2nd time the first return will return to else and then the 2nd
return will return to main code.
:D

And, I called the function 2nd time with
get_InfoContent(0, 0, $InfoKey);
and it should be
$InfoContent = get_InfoContent(0, 0, $InfoKey);

:D

-afan