On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 13:29:04 -0500, tedd wrote:
> ....  I have all of that logic in place now.
>
> My question was specifically how to stop a remote viewer from viewing
> the video once the url is known.

You can't.  Just last night I viewd a video (flv) out of a video hosting
site with Opera and with its cache set Very High -- just for this
exercise.  While the video was displaying in the Opera window, I fired up
a linux konsole and navigated down into the .opera/ directory to the
cache sub-directory.  Seeing the most recent entries and picking off the
largest of them, I rightly guessed that was the video and I copied it --
with rename -- to another directory.

Rule 1 on the web:
If you send it to them to see, read, or hear, they have it.

OBTW, if you're curious:
The 'loaded' URL is:
  http://dailymotion.alice.it/video/x3wrzo_fabrication-dune-lampe-triode_tech

The simpler, flv-only URL is:
  http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x3wrzo

A pretty kewl video for some of us......

Jonesy
--
  Marvin L Jones    | jonz          | W3DHJ  | linux
   38.24N  104.55W  |  @ config.com | Jonesy |  OS/2