On Jan 4, 2008 12:58 PM, tedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi gang:
>
> Here's the problem.
>
> I have a client who has Flash Videos and wishes to rent these Videos
> out for a certain time period. (No, it's not porn -- shame on you).

    I stopped reading at this point, due to lack of interest.

    Then I started again.

> However, once the user is provided with a url where the Flash Video
> resides, then the user can view the video remotely by just creating a
> page that references that url -- that's easy to do.
>
> Now, how can I stop that from happening?

    You could do link expirations with an auto-generated URL to mask
the actual location, or could even create a dynamic symlink or copy on
the server itself.  Have it expire and regenerate a new link every 15
minutes.

    To stop people from remotely-linking the video, disable hotlinking
of that file (or type) in Apache.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[Phone Numbers Go Here!]

If at first you don't succeed, stick to what you know best so that you
can make enough money to pay someone else to do it for you.