Well, guess where did PHPMailer come from?

This is the original author of PHPMailer (and the original package was posted
there)
http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/264.html

Though, yes, the project is outdated at phpclasses.org; but that's what the
"download newest versions and documentation" link is for.

Aesthetically, I don't like the phpclasses.org website. I agree that there's
too much garbage to be filtered out (well... that's what opensource and freedom
is all about, just pick the one you want, I think). But who didn't get his
hands dirty on some of these classes for a quick start, or even used some of
them AS-IS once in his entire life?

So, I'm sorry, despite the ads when you login (which I just close - and they
don't try to open up again as in other websites) I like the idea and the
website from the functional perspective. And I use it, and will keep using it.
I find it even better than PEAR's classes, which are a pain to install and a
pain to use on a shared hosting environment (specially, when your client's
hosting provider has decided he hates PEAR).

Most of the time you just have to adapt, refactor and recode some bits to get a
class working as you want... and you don't have to think of all the specific
details of dealing with mail, ftp, rss, etc. Yes, blindly using the black box
is wrong, but not meeting a delivery date because you still don't get RFC
45698725-1a23 is worst.

Anyway, I'm not Manuel's lawyer, but saying phpclasses.org is crap, is like
saying this list is crap (and you can find more reasons to argue on the second
one). There's people sharing their expertise for free, I appreciate that. It
just needs to get cleaned up a bit... but last time I checked, the rating
system was working, so maybe we can use it (just FYI, I'm very guilty of not
using it, ever)

Regards,

Rob
P.S.: I don't have any implied or not implied relationship with Manuel (except
my brother in law, which is Juan Manuel, and it is not Lemos, and lives in
Argentina ten blocks ahead of my house)
P.S.2: I recommend and use PHPMailer as well, but just because it works fine so
far and I don't need anything else.

Andrés Robinet | Lead Developer | BESTPLACE CORPORATION
5100 Bayview Drive 206, Royal Lauderdale Landings, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 |
TEL 954-607-4207 | FAX 954-337-2695
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | MSN Chat: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  SKYPE: bestplace |
Web: http://www.bestplace.biz | Web: http://www.seo-diy.com