On 1/15/08, Manuel Lemos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You are missing my point. One thing is disliking somebody's work for
> whatever reasons, another this is acting disrespectfully and call it
> crappy in a public forum. If you don't know how to act respectfully with
> other PHP developers, I have nothing else to say to you.

Plenty of people share their opinions here.

Again, my email said this:

"Not to bash on Manuel, but I find phpclasses to be littered with lots
of crappy code and is too ad-laden and hard to use for me to bother"

1) NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK, 2) "I FIND" = my personal opinion, 3) it
says "it has lots of crappy code" but in no way does that warrant the
entire site. 4) opinion on the site's UI is again, personal.

If I really wanted to bash the site, I could do it a hell of a lot
worse. I am sad that you have to put at least 6 ad spots which almost
completely distract from the content to keep it alive. Like I said, I
give you props for offering a site like that, it has just not been
personally helpful for me the numerous times I've stumbled across it.
I just can't believe it needs that many ads, requires registration for
almost everything ... forced ads before downloads, not to mention
popups too? This is way off topic now though...

re: phpclasses hosting phpmailer originally... that's great, i'm sure
there's lots of code out there that's been on phpclasses but was never
updated. The site doesn't do a lot of good though if it doesn't have
links to the project pages (for updated versions) or is offering years
old code on an outdated project.

Like I've said, and both of you have reinforced that - this is a list
with opinions, expertise, code samples, etc. If I produced something
that you think is crap, you can call it crap. It's very simple. I
could ask WHY it is crap, but otherwise I have to look at it
objectively and understand varied levels of personal preference. In no
place on this did I say "do not use phpclasses" - I simply shared my
past frustration and suggested an alternative. Perhaps if I didn't
share an alternative and simply posted to say "I hate that site" there
might be more basis for this discussion.